Which One to Choose: Native Apps or Progressive Web Apps?
Hybrid mobile applications are functionally around between native apps and web apps. As these two kinds of mobile software serve entirely different purposes, being poles apart, hybrid apps permeate the space between them and combine features of both sides. What makes them alike to native apps, is their sense to utilize native features of a mobile platform. Hybrid apps are disseminated through application stores and may use such native specialty as, for example, geolocation. On the other hand, it shares several useful features with web apps. It might be so that if you require building an application, a hybrid one would be the best solution for you.
Features of hybrid apps yielded with web apps:
– Easier and quicker to develop than native apps. This results in cheaper development cost.
– Cross-platform capabilities. A prominent advantage, presented by web technologies – you may build the app once for several mobile platforms. But endure in mind, that an app may not run the equivalent on various devices, that is why cross-platform property software requires comprehensive testing on a roll of devices chosen by you. That’s how the viable problems are eliminated before deployment.
– Weaker performance than in native apps. That is why more complex apps will be affected by slightly lower speed and graphics. Suppose the balance of features and speed accurately – users are considered likely to switch to another app if they encounter delays. That’s why hybrid applications are not suitable for creating complex apps like games.
Features of hybrid apps, accorded with native apps:
– Division through application stores (such as Apple App Store, BlackBerry World, Google Play, and Windows Phone Store).
– Use of native device skills. That is an inaccessible alternative for mobile web apps. In case your software is working to depend on camera, geolocation, accelerometer, etc. – a hybrid applications will produce you with that.
– Offline capabilities. That’s a characteristic of the foremost importance for several apps. And that means much to users – having what they require and what they like anytime, anywhere.
You may consult with your software developers to discover out whether a hybrid app is real ‘the golden mean’ that will fit your project. That must be addressed and substantially decided before the development. The decision depends on the user experience you require to provide, the opinions of the project, and the market/user audience you preferred to encompass and engage into using the app. Business apps that claim native access or apps with moderate graphics- these are samples of a good choice for hybrid development.